The City of Little Flock currently has two elected office vacancies to fill. Both will be filled by vote of the
City Council. If you are qualified and interested in either of these positions, please email a resume to
City Council Member – Ward 1, Position 1 – must live in Ward 1 to qualify. The City Council meets on
the third Monday of each month and has a work session on the second Monday of each month as
needed. City Council members are paid quarterly at a rate of $100 per month.
City Recorder/Treasurer – must live in the city limits of Little Flock to qualify. Most recently this
position has been full-time and included performing the day-to-day financial activities for the city in
addition to the traditional Treasurer and Recorder duties.
The Recorder/Treasurer for the City of Little Flock will now be a part-time position requiring an
estimated 10 hours per week and attendance at City Council meetings. Beyond the residency
requirement, candidates should have:
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail & accuracy.
- Effective written and oral skills.
- Experience with accounting/bookkeeping.
In addition to the duties specifically established by the Arkansas Code, the Recorder-Treasurer has
duties such as:
- Balancing the city’s financial accounts.
- Arranging for the publication of official notices.
- Preparing/Recording ordinances and resolutions.
- Record and edit the minutes of meetings and distribute to appropriate officials or staff
- Assisting the Mayor in preparation of the city’s budget.
- Administering the city’s payroll, insurance programs, and pension funds.
- Collecting certain city taxes and fees.
- Issuing licenses and permits.
- Maintaining fiscal records and accounts.