City of Little Flock Accepting Applications for MayorMayor Bob Stout recently informed the City Council that he would be moving out of state, and that he would be stepping down as Mayor after the City Council has had time to interview and appoint a replacement. The Council has asked Mayor Stout to help identify qualified candidates for consideration by the Council.
The City of Little Flock is looking for the following qualifications from a candidate for Mayor:
- Passionate about the City of Little Flock
- Committed to listening and representing the best interests of all the citizens of Little Flock
- Strong business management mindset
- Progressive strategic thinker with ability to plan for the near-term and long-term direction of the City
- Experience in managing professional department heads (finance, police, court, fire, street, planning & zoning)
- Ability to build consensus and work with members of the City Council
- Strong ability to organize, manage and conduct public meetings
- Ability to represent the City in intergovernmental meetings and public events. Should have experience in public speaking
- Ability to complete and manage federal grants and other governmental programs
- Working knowledge of governmental fund accounting and accounting software
- Ability to create, present, and manage budgets totaling more than $2 million annually
- Ability to review monthly financials for twelve different and distinct funds
- Ability to manage the annual state audit, answer questions of auditors, speak to accounting practices and budgets
- Openness to new technology and practices to advance the city into the future
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Office products
The position of Mayor is part-time, but the successful candidate is expected to spend approximately 15-20 hours per week with a consistent schedule at city hall. Annual compensation is $19,000.00.
Qualified candidates are urged to submit a letter of interest along with their resume to Mayor Stout at the Little Flock City Hall, by Monday February 11th.
Little Flock is a residential community in northwestern Arkansas and is located north of Rogers (Benton County) and east of Bentonville (Benton County). Although it remained unincorporated until 1970, Little Flock was established in the 1840s. The city’s principal landmark is the Little Flock Primitive Baptist Church, which was organized in 1843.
Source: Encyclopedia of Arkansas.
The City of Little Flock, AR:
Mayor: Bob Stout
Recorder/Treasurer: Linda Usrey
District Court Clerk: Katelyn Yousey
Police Chief: Jesse Martinez
Fire Chief: Moose Dunavan
Street Superintendent: Wes Usrey
Building Inspector:Terry Gosnell